Sunday, January 15, 2006

Caribbean: San Juan, Curacao, Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Maartan

Greetings!
Just got back from a marginally enjoyable cruise to San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, and St. Maartan. It was the second cruise I've ever been on and I'd really recommend them to anyone who's interested in traveling as they put the transportation and change of scene into the beach vacation for a nice mix. I think that I would definitely go back to St. Thomas and the U.S. Vrigin Islands first of all the stops on the trip (though Puerto Rico was damn cool). The vistas were amazing, people were actually commonly fluent in English and the beaches were amazing.



We stopped by the Bacardi Rum distillery in Puerto Rico on our last day which was one of only two "expeditions" that I really did because I contracted the Noro virus on the second day of my trip and after quite the evening of draining my body of fluid and ending up in a hospital bed with some IVs, I was confined to quarters for almost two days (out of seven) and too weak for much of the rest of the trip to spend much time up and about. That being said, wash your hands well if you ever decided to cruise it up, I don't think people get sick that often, I just had the good fortune. Next, possibly to Africa, probably working abroad somewhere this summer.
peace!

No comments: