Friday, August 20, 2004

Home sweet home

Final exams were a breeze, and the last night was fairly topsy turvy/I do not remember what happened for all of it, but apparently we went to warawara to pregame (all you can drink, some amount of money, two hours) starting at 7, and we were out drinking at various places until about 2am. Brandon and tom punched a sign and shattered the class on it, creating a little drunken chase scene to end the evening, but I don't really remember things between one point and another. The plane flight was pretty boring, I didn't sleep on either one of them though, and so I've now only slept four hours out of what has been for me the last 36 or so (I lost a couple with the int'l date line/time travel.) But I'm still going strong. Having a bit of reverse culture shock, as Lani said in the comment to my last post, and it's really strange, because it's the first time I've had this happen, despite how much I've traveled around the world. Though this was the longest I've been out before. I hope that everyone has enjoyed my journal writings, I'm not certain if I'll continue posting things here or not... Maybe significant stories or zazen induced thoughts, but I make no promises. I'm here in VA for another week or so, and then it's back to college, and I hope everyone is well and getting ready to restart school. My friends are some of the finest people on earth,-J

No comments: