Saturday, July 03, 2004

it`s been a hard day's night...

Yokohama

Well, the Hard Rock Cafe Yokohama was a welcome break to the regular cuisine of japanese food. It was nice to hear some songs that I was familiar with instead of the usual blend of japanese music (the most popular of which is a little ditzy girl jumping around yelling "happy days! happy days!") There seem to only be two teams that they follow here for American baseball, the mets and the yankees, and even then only really when the japanese players are up at bat. Watched a bit of a cartoon this morning whos premise was a card game, sort of like the magic cards that were popular in the fourth grade. Then this cartoon about three mermaid/turned human princesses that karaoke thier opponents to death... and that:s when I turned the tube off. As mike is reminding me while I'm talkin to him, another werid thing about this place is that everytime I see a japanese person off in the distance that I think is abnormally tall, or at least close to my height, whenever I get close it always turns out that I:m at least an inch, if not three or four taller. This has proved quite puzzleing, as it:s really impossible to tell someone's height. Well, that's all for now. Gomenasai = I'm sorry, espcially useful when you happen to run into a japanese person that was too short for you to really notice.

No comments: